Friday, March 23, 2007

UpDated Journals

March 23, 2007
I am finally getting a grasp on this book and things are finally coming together for me and this project. But I have only one complaint upon this all, which is that the paper that is to be up to 8 pages long, is that I really understand some of the book. However that's not my complaint..my complaint is that I don't understand anything about the themes, but the fact that people like to have incest and go to be alone all the time to do things. I find it to be hard because in turn I need to that paper you been telling us bout. And it has to involve the themes..So maybe if you can like just briefly ease my fears upon the paper by like giving me a little bit more direction as to were to start for it all.

However, this still does mean that I hate this project more and more everyday..
It is horrible and I would have much preferred it earlier in the year and with a different book such as Song of Solomon. Just a comment to that lady that comes in the teacher suit(Ms. Brown). But I still do like this class a little bit more than it was a while ago.

March 29, 2007
I have finally finished the book and really can say that it turned out better than I expected it to be. It really ended up keeping me thinking about all the different things that a society has to go through in their lifetime. He does any awesome job making things interesting and even though the book is still a little off, I can't say that I totally hated every part of it. He really shows to us that the simple decision to go and start a family like this can affect someone else and the rest of a lifetime. Ane even though the Buendias' had rough times, they still came back to each other. And I really admire that fact abou them. Throughout the whole book, Garcia mystifies us and keeps our attention and we never really realize that we are getting so much into it.
And as for this project, I believe that it is coming along just nicely..
Everything is falling into lace for me and making perfect sense now.
I jsut hope that we can relax and enjoy the rest of our year together.. Cause May 16th I out..SUCKAS!

4 comments:

mkmcguan said...

Amanda,
You guys are doing an awesome job - hang in there! It will come together for you. I have been really impressed. Keep up the good work!!!
P.S. Girls with one leg also appear on Dancing With the Stars!

Kiesha07 said...

"D" I actually like your blog and how you've orgnaized it. You were very accurate in depicting the book and your information was right on point. Even though this book is not better than Song of Solomon, it wasn't that bad. It was bogus how the whole town was just erased off the face of the earth with no trace of life ever existing.

Kiesha07 said...

But you know how Amaranta Ursula had a husband and Aureliano had that friend who went out of town; wouldn't they remember the town existence and come back to the town eventually and realize the change just like Amaranta Ursula did. So how can the town be erased off the face of the earth with no known of existence. It was also bogus how the families died, the only people who died naturally was Ursula and Rebeca, the rest died tragically pretty much.

Steffie21 said...

hey mean butt, you need to lay off that last comment you made... imma have to make a nickname up for you too... hah

But yeah, that is really good that you finally got it. Like if you were keeping up with the reading and the work, it wouldn't be too hard, but you got it all done with. So you shouldn't have any worries anymore.

Now it is you and me... today and tomorrow... LESSON PLANS dude... for real.. got to finish them.. hah

And love ya lots toots!