Monday, March 5, 2007

Reflective Journal #1 and #2

March 5, 2007
Well I am totally thinking that it is unique how you can combine so many different things such as English class and technology together. And even though I hate doing projects that consist of reading this much, this could be a good experience for me. However I think that not everyone feels the same way.

KUDOS TO YOU MS.BROWN!

One Hundred Years of Solitude seems very confusing at first!! I loved reading Song of Solomon and right now I can't really get into this book. Hopefully with time each of us will begin to understand the meaning behind flipping through thousands of different scenes consecutively. Part of the problem begins with the characters sharing the same name and not truly allowing for us to know the difference right away.

PLEASE PROMISE ME IT WILL GET BETTER THAN IT IS NOW!!!!!!!!!

March 13, 2007

It has been about two weeks since we have started One Hundred Years of Solitude and things are slowly getting better. I am beginning to realize that this book will stay weird, but at least some of the past reading will finally come together. Even a movie might have helped the situation out a little bit more, but since we dont got any of that to work with then AP English third period will suffer a little bit longer.

And just as a thing to put out there...WHY CAN'T SOMEONE TAKE THE TIME TO REWRITE THE BOOK WITH SOME CHAPTER NUMBERS FOR ME TO FOLLOW? It all doesn't help our issue if we have to go and thumb through it all for the flipping page numbers in the right chapter.

March 19, 2007

I feel like I haven't made any progress in the project or the book. Nothing seems to be moving closer to the end of the project for us. But at least our load is lightened a little for the March 30'th date with the help of April 4th Scholar section.

Why do they treat the founder of Macondo like that? He made it the way that it is and had everything perfectly formed. Being tied to a tree and left there without any help of needs. He must be a stinky fella! Everyone is so incestful and messing around with cousins and aunts and uncles...EWWWWYYY!!! I mean I know that there are not many different people in Macondo that are not related, but incest is so not right. But anywho.........I think that it will a good book in the end even if it is a little confusing with all the characters andplaces being intertwined.

Thank God that we have progressed in our ways from the time of Macondo till now and our life.




6 comments:

mbrown8625 said...

Thanks Andrea! I think it gets better, but the only way it will is to keep reading. Things start to clear up and make sense. That's one reason I want you to read each night...as much confusion as possible.

LEt me know if you need any help!!!

Steffie21 said...

D !!!!!! stop crying dude... it isnt that bad.. hah!!!!!!!!!! i am kidding though.. it's horrible... but you got me so we will get through it!

muah

Kiesha07 said...

"D!" Why do your blog look so much like mine?You have to be original but that's okay your blog looks cool and your own the right track and if you need help I GOT YOUR BACK!!!!!!!

KEEESH PIE

Steffie21 said...

dude... i am not going against your struggles.. i am just making fun of them... but i love you anyways... so it is okay!!!!! hah...

and yeah when are we going to start that project.. cause we need to .. hah!

Steffie21 said...

hey yo d... i love leaving you comments.. hah... your too funny with the responses!!!!

but yeah... you still suck at the struggles... so come on now... step your game up...

and when are we starting our lesson plans?!?!?!?!?!?!? we need to jump on that really really really soon... cause the end of march is really approaching here buddy!!!!

but talk to ya lata

Genesis Is The Best- said...

Hello there D!! I had trouble finding a blog to comment on but I just winged it! If my response to you does not make complete sense, I apologize because my blood pressure is rising with this paper. Here Goes:

I think that families across the world have the kind of situation that you and I share however I think our mothers have a better grasp on how to express their malcontent with the routine behaviors of their offspring. With that being said I think that girls and women alike support boys and men respectively and like many chess players say "Behind every king is an stronger queen". Thanks for responding!!!